Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do I get my thyme plant healthy again?

I bought a thyme plant from a garden centre three weeks ago. After keeping in inside for a week, I then repotted it and placed it outside. However since we have had rain all the leaves have turned brown. I have cut these off and now only a couple of stems remain. I have brought the plant indoors. Is there any way to save the plant or is it now ruined?

How do I get my thyme plant healthy again?
Thyme loves sun and "dry feet"....the rain got it well overwatered before it's roots got established from the transplant...Make sure the pot it is in has plenty drainage for "wet feet" will kill it...Cut the plant back to about 1 inch from the ground level...and put it in the sun...do not water again untill the soil drys out somewhat..then water it again..I water mine only about once a week..twice when real hot...Heres my thyme..I have had it here for 2 years now..it is pretty cold hearty if not way below 32 for a week at a time..it will dry up and wither..only to grow back in spring..cut back all the dry twigs about 2 inches above soil..and it will come back then too..
Reply:Thyme is pretty hearty, I would give it a chance indoors for a while.When you plant it outside remember to put it in full sun.Good luck!

shoe horns

No comments:

Post a Comment