Thursday, April 30, 2009

Business ideas for a Water Garden Centre in the winter (UK)?

I run a Water Garden centre selling fish, pumps, liners, tropicals, water features, plants etc etc .... and from March - September it's pretty successful.


However, as soon as winter comes and the cold weather hits us It's a waste of time opening the doors on some days.





I've tried xmas lights, decorations etc but usually end up packing away more than I sell. Our premises hasn't really got a reputation as somewhere to go at that time of year so what lines could I ntroduce or what other things could I do to get some people through our doors from Nov - Dec??

Business ideas for a Water Garden Centre in the winter (UK)?
This is a problem, our local garden centre closes down the pond department in winter. Have you thought of opening a cafe? sometimes an offer of some kind to go with it can bring people into a place, you say you sell plants, what about expanding into winter flowering. Go in for selling local produce, veggies and such, locally made honey etc. I hope this helps and if I can think of anything else i will let you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment