Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dwarf garden/landscape?

I'm visually impaired and can't handle a true miniature garden. I'm trying to find info on not-so-small mini-gardens, but all I can find on Google under "miniature landscape" is for model railways!





i have access to a fairly large raised bed at a community centre, so i can afford to think a bit bigger than millimetres - i'd like to create a whole mini-landscape for the centre [and for myself, of course!]





I'm not sure about size: I could manage trees down to about 12" - but i've no idea what scale this would be; how small whould shrubs and flowers need to be to keep the scale?





if i could find out how big a full-size tree would be compared to a naturally dward variety [I don't want to do bonsai], i could work out the ratio and scale everything else, but I'm having probs even with that.





Any kind of advice - or links to where I could get advice - would be extremely welcome





thanks





Frances

Dwarf garden/landscape?
Hi:


There are hundreds of wonderful plants you could use to do in your raised beds. I could list several but I will link you to different sections of my website. The website is on landscape solutions and I think many of these sections would be able to help you decide on what might work.





If you need any further help, please feel free to contact me at the website. I will link you to the site map as this has everything that is on the website. Borwse through and see if you can find any useful information. I will link you also to the gallery of plants section. There are a variety of different trees, shrubs, flowers and herbs that have descriptions as well as zones. I will also link you to the Theme Color Garden section as this section has a page on dwarf shrubs. Good luck to you and have a great day! I hope this information will be useful to you!


Kimberly





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...


No comments:

Post a Comment